Thursday 3 April 2008

When Harperoids Attack

One of the most alarming facets of "Conservative" partisanship is the way it deprives its practitioners of the ability to employ even the most rudimentary instruments of logic and analysis.

For a case in point, I direct the reader to an ambush recently inflicted on me by Trusty Tory, usually one of the more sane and respectable of the Blogging Tories. That even such a rare homo sapiens among that wretched agglomeration finds it impossible to rise above dishonesty and moral cowardice is a scathing indictment of the CPC and of its corrosive effects upon the ethical fibre of its adherents.

Briefly, this young man asserts the following:

1) I am actually a Liberal;

2) I have never praised a Tory politician (such as John Diefenbaker, for example) on this blog;

3) I have always defended the Liberal Party on this blog;

4) Tory leaders who did not become Prime Minister (or had only brief ministries) were not real Tories, because they were "losers";

5) Stephen Harper's "success" proves that he is a Tory;

6) Red Tory wants to be seen as a conservative but is really a Liberal in "disguise" (Red Tory is openly Liberal, and his blog is on the Liblogs aggregator, by the way).

Go here to see these laughable canards unfolded in detail, and go here for my response. My comment has yet to be "moderated" by his Serene Harperness, Trusty Tory, but fear not. If it fails to get past his censor board, I shall paste the full text here.

9 comments:

Aeneas the Younger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aeneas the Younger said...

You have way more patience than I do. I still fail to understand why "Dred" and "Red" give time to this poor creature. He is really beyond help.

You of course realise, that he has no clue as to what you are talking about? You may as well post a reply to him in Sesotho for all that matters. It is all the same to Chris.

The Internet is a strange beast: you see, it has given the truly moronic a place to spew their nonsense.

I agree in the intrinsic worth of all human beings, but I do not believe in the intrinsic worth of all that emanates from their cake-holes. Two different matters completely.

What all of this serves to demonstrate I think, it that Grant's thesis in "Lament for a Nation" was beyond a mere postulation - it was also prophetic.

Anonymous said...

"You of course realise, that he has no clue as to what you are talking about? You may as well post a reply to him in Sesotho for all that matters. It is all the same to Chris.

The Internet is a strange beast: you see, it has given the truly moronic a place to spew their nonsense."


I agree. All I have to do is visit the Liblogs to prove that theory.

Listen, the fact that you are intolerant of the fact that other people don't have to agree with you speaks volumes. How typically Liberal. Or should I say, "traditionally Tory"?

Aeneas the Younger said...

Have you even been to Queenston Heights? Do you know where that is?

Anonymous said...

"Have you even been to Queenston Heights? Do you know where that is?"

Yeah, I even took my wife there on our honeymoon (hehe.) Then we went to Fort George, and to Lundy's Lane and finished a romantic (teehee) visit to Brock's monument.

Try again.

D said...

Wow, if I had a time machine and could take Trusty Tory back to 1908, he'd be booed out of Borden's Conservative party and the Liberal-Conservative coalition. He'd be a big ol' Liberal. A real trade reciprocity loving Wilfridite.

How's them apples?

Red Tory said...

Check this out (via Canadian Cynic).

Aeneas the Younger said...

The Girls are in from Grande Prairie! LOL

Aeneas the Younger said...

Joke ...