One of the most alarming facets of "Conservative" partisanship is the way it deprives its practitioners of the ability to employ even the most rudimentary instruments of logic and analysis.
For a case in point, I direct the reader to an ambush recently inflicted on me by Trusty Tory, usually one of the more sane and respectable of the Blogging Tories. That even such a rare homo sapiens among that wretched agglomeration finds it impossible to rise above dishonesty and moral cowardice is a scathing indictment of the CPC and of its corrosive effects upon the ethical fibre of its adherents.
Briefly, this young man asserts the following:
1) I am actually a Liberal;
2) I have never praised a Tory politician (such as John Diefenbaker, for example) on this blog;
3) I have always defended the Liberal Party on this blog;
4) Tory leaders who did not become Prime Minister (or had only brief ministries) were not real Tories, because they were "losers";
5) Stephen Harper's "success" proves that he is a Tory;
6) Red Tory wants to be seen as a conservative but is really a Liberal in "disguise" (Red Tory is openly Liberal, and his blog is on the Liblogs aggregator, by the way).
Go here to see these laughable canards unfolded in detail, and go here for my response. My comment has yet to be "moderated" by his Serene Harperness, Trusty Tory, but fear not. If it fails to get past his censor board, I shall paste the full text here.